Earwigs are one of the most common garden pests that can go by without you noticing them. However, once they multiply, they can ruin an entire garden. Thus, in my experience, it is best to deal with them immediately to prevent an infestation. Thus, I need a powerful easy and simple method to get rid of earwigs. Keep reading and see the best method so far.
After several attempts at using various solutions, I notice that there are some ingredients that attract earwigs and finally getting rid of them. These are the sugar and yeast for example. Then, a crazy idea! Beer is a way to kill two birds with one stone. Because it contains both ingredients, it will make for a great solution to get rid of earwigs. Not to mention it is also simple and quick.
Now, you need two things for this method to work:
– 12-pack beer cans
– and a small shovel
Let’s get to work and make ourselves a small DIY project. The trick to this method is easy and cheap.
1. Dig a hole roughly the size of the can wherever you have broad-leaf plants. If you have a major infestation, use one can per two plants. If it’s only a minor situation, you can get by with one can per four plants.
2. Get rid of or drink two-thirds of each beer can.
3. Bury the cans in the holes you dug earlier and then level the dirt around the top.
4. You should empty the can as much as you need, and at least every couple of days; this depends on your pest infestation.
5. When watering your plants, remove the cans from the ground and be careful not to flood the holes.
How does this actually work? Well, these little pests are drawn to the sugar or yeast in the beer. Because the can is nearly empty, the bugs will fall into the liquid, it will trap them, and drown them. That’s all there is to it. Simple enough, isn’t it? Enjoy your earwigs-free backyard this summer!