Did you know that garlic has extremely beneficial effects for your heart? And not only, for your entire body! It is said that this veggie is the best natural antibiotic, so, I wonder, why not growing it in pots to get our own organic pharmacy. You can also grow garlic in pots between November and December and especially between January and March. Here’s how:
1. Take a few garlic cloves and remove the large leaves from the surface.
-Don’t remove the peels from the garlic clove.
2. Prepare a pot and fill it with normal soil (from the garden or from the store). It’s best if you use soil in which other plants have grown, because garlic grows better in the soil of other crops.
It’s best to avoid supplying manure or other organic preparations that can cause garlic rot.
3. Make a few holes 6-8 cm deep and place the garlic cloves at a distance of about 10 cm.
Cover the cloves with soil and water it with plenty of water.
4. Careful, during the growing period, garlic doesn’t need a large amount of water and it needs a pot with very good drainage.
5. Garlic can be harvested when the leaves are green. Consume it right away.
6. At the same time, you can harvest garlic in autumn when the leaves are completely dried. Let the bulbs dry in the sun before storing.
Image Credits: Livingtraditionally